Have you ever made your own yogurt? It’s really quite simple to do. And so worth it too. Commercial yogurts are loaded with sugar and additives which are not good. When you make it yourself, after it has fermented, you can add whatever fruit or flavoring you like. Much healthier this way! I love serving it with this my raw granola: https://pumpkinkale.blog/en/2017/09/12/easy-rawnola-2/ It’s the perfect way to start the day. Or, the perfect snack to get you through a long day at work.
Check my latest video on how to open a coconut💥🥥
Coconut yogurt is excellent for those that suffer from a lactose intolerance. Homemade coconut yogurt contains live and active cultures just like dairy yogurt and provides all the health benefits as well. Probiotics from the live cultures help balance your gut and keep any bad bacteria under control. A balanced gut lessens inflammation, gas, and diarrhea.
When you make your own yogurt, you are taking a step in the right direction towards a healthier way of eating. Keep it simple and plain or dress it up with your favorite fruits, berries, or spices. When you add slices of fresh mango or ripe strawberries, you won’t even miss the added (and unnecessary) sugar found in store brands. What is your favorite way to eat yogurt?
- 3 cups of young thai coconuts (3 coconuts)
- 1 cup of fresh coconut water (from the coconuts)
- 3 capsules of probiotics
- Place the coconut on the side, and cut the top off.
- Pour the coconut water in a glass and set aside.
- Scrape the meat out of the coconut, then rinse the meat to make sure there is no shell left. do the same with the others coconuts.
- Once you have done all of this, place the coconut meat, coconut water and probiotics into your blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, cover with a cheesecloth, place in a cool area and away from the sunlight.
- If you have a dehydrator on you can place the yoghurt next to it or on the top, this will speed up the process.
- Allow to ferment for 24hours, after this time check the yoghurt, the taste should be tangy. Place the yoghurt in a glass jar, keep in the fridge for 4 days