This is my last recipe before New Year and believe me those raw truffles are very tasty, wrapped in a nice box it can be a very sweet homemade present too.
I have decided this year I would me making my own chocolate truffles and not buy any of industrial sweets during the festive season.
These raw chocolate balls are made with three ingredients only. Simple, healthy and wholesome.
I would recommend using organic or natural dates with no added sugar or syrup to ensure the raw balls do not become too sweet and too sticky.
- 1 cup of pecan nuts
- 2 cups of medjool dates
- 3 to 4 TBS of raw cacao + extra for the coating
- Cinamon (optional)
- Place the pecan nuts in a food processor. Process until finely ground
- Add the medjool dates little by little and process again for 2 minutes.
- Add the cacao, process again.
- You can add a pinch of salt and cinamon if you wish
- Process until you get a dough.
- Once you get a dough scoop one spoon and roll it into a ball.
- Now the balls can be rolled into raw cacao powder.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes or the fridge for 2 hours