If you know me by now you will notice how crazy i am with kale. One of my favorite way of using kale is to make salads, you can marinate the kale in differents ways and add anything you like.
Few days ago I tried a molasse based dressing, believe me it is absolutely delicious Blackstrap molasses is a very healthy sweetener, a good source of iron.
This salad is very easy to make and perfect for pack lunch
- 1 bunch of kale (washed, ribs removed, finely chopped)
- 2 cups of red cabbage (finely chopped)
- 2 peppers (cut in small cubes)
- 1 shallot (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup of almond flakes
- Edible flowers
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- 2 tbs of apple cider vinegar
- 1tbs of blackstrap molasses
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbs of tamari sauce
- 1/2 cup of water
- For the marinade, place all the ingredients in a small blender. Blend until smooth.
- Remove the ribs of the kale,wash it in clear water and chop it, place half of the marinade and the kale in a bowl.
- Massage gently with your hands.
- Set aside for 1 hour.
- Add the peppers, shallots and red cabbage, stir well.
- Preheat a pan, place the almond flakes for 3 minutes
- Add the almonds to the salad and enjoy.
- Once you have the marinade and the kale you can swap any vegetables for this recipe