The end of the week didn’t turn up the way i wanted so we all needed a good energy boost at home to put a big smile on our faces! I had organic pecan nuts brought from UK this summer, local dates from Abu Dhabi, carob powder (Organic Food Cafe at Nation Towers has carob powder) and some beautiful vanilla powder brought by my friend Helena from Uganda … So whats to do with all of this?
Raw pecan & carob brownies of course!
This is so yummy and the brownies didn’t last 10 minutes! those brownies will make you smile
- 1 cup of pecan + 1/4 cup crushed
- 1/2 cup of carob powder
- 1 cup of pitted dates
- 1/4 ts of vanilla powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 or 2 tbs of water if needed
- Place the pecan in a food processor, process into small chunks
- Remove 1/4 cup of pecan. Set aside
- Add the dates, process, add the carob powder, vanilla & salt, process until you get a sticky mixture
- Add water if needed, but not more than 2 tbs.
- Add the rest of the pecan nuts. Stir well
- Press the mixture in a square pan.
- Place in the fridge for 1 hour or 15 minutes.
- Cut in squares or any shapes and enjoy